Natural Handmade Cosmetics
Born in Germany, Jutta grew up in France. However, 18 years ago she moved to Catalonia for love, and love is certainly the one thing she puts into everything she does.
After 30 years working as a producer in commercial production, three years ago she made her dream come true: making her own natural cosmetics. She lives in Empordà and she feels privileged to live in such a delightful place. In fact, her cosmetic recipes are all inspired by the local nature, as well as the healthy spirit associated with this beautiful region of the country.
Jutta works with natural ingredients, many of them oils, such as musk rose, sweet almond, argan, jojoba, grenade seed, avocado, olive, wheat germ, and marigold oil, damascene rose flower water, witch hazel water, wild carrot water, virgin bees wax, and a long list of the all best that nature has to offer.
The shop is located in Gaüses, a small village between Camallera and Vilopriu
1. Recipe book: her recipe book is her “bible”. She says that she is always on the lookout for new natural ingredients and she makes good use of the traditional knowledge of nature's healing powers from all round the world.
2. Plants and flowers: Roses, bamboo, lavender, witch hazel, marigold, camomile are just some of the essential ingredients that make their way into her products: “There is a plant for every need, on every continent,” she told us.
3. Blossom waters: She says plants possess a vast and complex arsenal of active ingredients (phytochemicals) that are not only able to soothe or smooth the skin, but actively restore, heal and protect it.
4. Botanical oils: she also works with precious plant oils, which she uses as natural raw materials for her cosmetic products.
5. Tools: she uses these items to make her face and body creams, shampoos, lip balms, facial tonics, face and hair masks, as well as body oils.
6. Products: she loves the creativity involved in producing cosmetics, which she sees as part of the development process. It's a kind of “alchemist experience,” she claims.
7. Labels: a PVC protector and a cutter – a must for the labeling process.
8. Good luck charms: the first was a present from her husband: a neck pendant from San Cristóbal de las Casas (Mexico), made of amber with a small elephant to bring good fortune, and a guardian angel of rose quartz, a gift from her sister.
9. Green Tea: green tea is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. It's loaded with antioxidants and nutrients with powerful effects. She loves green tea but also uses it as an ingredient in some of her products.